How to contribute to the fact that we all and future generations can look optimistically into a solution-oriented tomorrow? A sense of responsibility, inventiveness, ingenuity and progress – this and much more is needed when it comes to improving the world for the benefit of our environment and quality of life! Many local pioneers and masterminds have dedicated themselves to this commendable task!
This year, the State Prize for Environmental and Energy Technology 2021 will again be awarded to companies for environmental technology projects and innovations that stand out in the field of intelligent energy networks, storage and system applications as well as energy technologies and their system integration in industry, commerce, buildings and urban regions. Furthermore, the projects are environmental technology and renewable energy technology, regardless of whether they have already been successfully implemented or are in the development phase. They can also be in-house measures or company cooperations that increase resource efficiency in their raw, auxiliary and operating materials as well as waste in production processes, products and services.
The eco-innovations and technologies of domestic companies, start-ups, universities and technical colleges that are to be awarded take responsibility with a great wealth of ideas, assume a pioneering position and, starting from Austria, receive great encouragement worldwide; after all, our country has already established itself internationally as an important location for environmental and energy technology! A respectful, thoughtful approach to nature, resources and consequently our planet is their underlying vision.
Particularly outstanding achievements will now be honored at the State Prize Gala, which will take place on October 20, 2021 at Palais Berg in Vienna: Federal Minister for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology Leonore Gewessler, will present the highest state award for the Austrian environmental technology sector in the following three categories: “Environment, Climate & Energy”, “Research & Innovation” and “Circular Economy and Resource Efficiency”.
The nominees of the State Prize for Environmental and Energy Technology 2021 by category are
Environment, Climate & Energy
– OurPower — peer-to-peer marketplace for green power, OurPower Energiegenossenschaft SCE mbH.
– Emission reduction in modern biomass heating systems, HARGASSNER Ges mbH
– Emission-free city logistics in Graz, Österreichische Post AG
Research & Innovation
– OttoWagner-ArealPlus – feasibility analysis, LANG consulting/ Ing. Günter Lang
– Lignin in Redox-Flow Batteries, Institute for Biobased Products and Paper Technology/ TU Graz
– Ammonia-to-Power, AEE – Institute for Sustainable Technologies
Circular economy and resource efficiency
– TEX2MAT – New processes for recycling textile waste of multi-material composition, Herka GmbH.
– InduRed reactor for phosphorus and lithium recovery, Montanuniversität Leoben/ Chair of Thermoprocess Engineering
– myCoffeeCup – Sustainable reusable cup system for coffee to go, CUP SOLUTIONS Mehrweg GmbH
Information about the State Prize Gala
The State Prize Gala will take place on October 20, 2021 at Palais Berg in Vienna and this year, for the first time, can also be followed online via live stream as a hybrid event. A variety of creative and exciting acts will impressively stage the award ceremony and thus offer the winners, nominees and their promising ideas a stage that will broadcast their vision and solution concepts to the world.